Texas is home to thousands of businesses making it a major hub that attracts millions every year. The ever-growing economic stature of the city has consequently resulted in the constant presence of large trucks which are required for logistics purposes. While this means that the roads are ever busy and that there are brighter days for businesses located in Texas, it also implies that the possibilities of getting involved in truck accidents are higher. Going by the yearly statistics, the number of accidents involving trucks can never be ignored and has been the primary reason behind the increased demand for professional assistance for victims seeking compensation.
Generally, the size and weight of trucks mean that the slightest impacts during an accident can be catastrophic making them a top risk factor for all other road users. Over the years the federal government and the state of Texas have put in place measures which all trucking companies must abide by to reduce the chances of accidents. However, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, most of the rules are often ignored in most reported instances. The top factors that often result in truck accidents involve;
- Driver fatigue. It does not take an in-depth evaluation to know that businesses always look to maximize profits by minimizing their operational costs. In order to achieve this, the burden is always passed down to employees such as drivers who get to work for more hours than stipulated in the law. The result is driver fatigue which can be very disastrous.
- Truck overloading. There are limits that all trucking companies must abide by when loading any truck and surpassing the pre-set standards is an instant call for legal action.
- Failure to adhere to the regular maintenance of the trucks. An underhand method that can instantly place a trucking company or driver at fault is poor truck maintenance which leaves loopholes for disaster to happen.
- Over speeding, improper parking, and dangerous overtaking. Truck drivers have to be extra cautious when on the road as making the mistake of exceeding speed limits, overtaking at wrong spots, and improper parking places other road users at great risk.
- Alcohol and drug abuse. Truck drivers spend hours on end on the road and the temptation to drive while under the influence often occurs. This results to driving while impaired which makes committing of faults very easy.
Since the handing of all the investigations and placing of the truck driver or company at fault is never a simple venture, Austin truck accident lawyer are a must-have team for an accident victim. Most companies typically have their team of lawyers, and for a fair ground for negotiations, an aggressive defense team is not an option but the only solution. After an accident, there are equally a lot of factors which can make it overwhelming to go through the entire demanding process alone and the services of a professional come handy. In the event that all initial stages fail, the possibilities of going to trial will be much better with a team well versed with details of the case.